As most of you might know i'm currently in my third trimester of my pregnancy. To date i'll be exactly 38 weeks tomorrow, so i'm just basically waiting for the time for baby to arrive. Emergency bag, baby's bag, labour bag & another bag to store hot flask, mug, drinks and biscuits while i'm admitted are already inside our car.
Not too sure whether i've mentioned which product i'll be using during my confinement, anyway i've decided to choose Tanamera, since they've been having good repo and testimonials from their customers. Not forgetting Dynaz Mokhtar (i hope i got her name right), a local Malaysian actress, even she used this 'set pantang' when she was on confinement. Well for me it's not whether a celebrity have used a certain product and endorse it, what's more important is the product and it's content and what benefit does it give to both us mum's and baby. My little girl actually had jaundice when she was a baby, so based on experience nurses will normally tell us not to take any 'jamu' or heaty things like kunyit and ginger. So i literally had to take Ginger out of my pantang diet.
Ok so let's get into this Tanamera Postnatal Care set, since i've been getting a lot of request on what's inside and all. This post will be more on the product and it's functions, as i'm unable to review it as at yet. So shall we start....
Alhamdulillah i receive this on Tuesday and it's a huge medium size box, jam pack with 11 products in total.
See, now do you believe when i said jam packed????
A thorough booklet on the items in the Tanamera Postnatal Care Set, from introduction to benefits, and instructions. And they have it in both English and Bahasa.
Cold Press Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) - 100ml
VCO has been used for centuries by expecting mothers as a natural remedy to keep skin supple and to prevent and fade existing stretch marks. VCO has a unique, molecular structure of medium chain fatty acids that when take internally helps burn body fat for energy, It is known to help lose weight, lower cholesterol, improve diabetic condition and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Key benefit of VCO is it's high in antioxidants which protect your skin from free radical damage, including heat and environmental damage. It can be used prenatally for stretch mark prevention as well as postnatally for fading and existing stretch marks, apply twice a day. For best results apply after bathing and massage into wet skin.
- Documented in prevention, alleviation and fading of stretch marks.
- Use on all areas prone to stretch marks, belly, thighs, hips and buttocks.
- High in natural antioxidants.
- Removes outer layer of dead skin cells.
- Highly antiseptic and moisturizing,
- Very effective for cracked heels.
- Aids in keeping connective tissue strong and supple.
- Prenatal: Apply a few drops and massage to abdominal area and on all areas prone to stretchmarks such as thighs, hips and buttocks. Massage on vaginal area to keep skin strong and supple in preparation of birth.
- Postnatal: Massage onto damp skin to lighten stretchmark.
~ I've actually used VCO but from other brand, as i've purchased a big bottle prior to this set. So i've been consuming it since 2nd trimester, everyday after breakfast. And i even used it to massage my perineum, which is basically the vagina as it could help upon delivery. There are testimonials whereby some mother didn't had to go incision during delivery or even tear upon delivery.
Brown Formulation Body Soap (125gm)
A combination of herbs and grainy surface that gently removes dead skin cells and improves blood circulation to the skin. Traditionally used herbs such as turmeric, wild ginger and cinnamon are known to improve one's overall skin condition. The exotic, earthy scent of patchouli oil is added for an aromatherapy effect.
- Removes dead skin.
- Improves blood circulation and overall skin condition.
- Effective in drying skin rashes and minor skin irritations.
- Use postnatally from Day 5.
- Use soap directly on the skin for exfoliation effect when bathing or showering.
- Give more attention to the following areas: neck, abdomen, underarm and inner thighs.
- Do not let soap soak in water to ensure longer usage.
~ Totally love this soap b'coz it acts like a scrub, so on certain days when i feel tired i normally used this soap in the shower instead of the normal shower cream. With the aroma and the roughness of the soap you just somehow feel like it's scrubbing of all the dead skin cells, and it leaves you feeling clean and refresh. Besides everyone can used it.~
Lavender Floral Water (70ml)
Gentle and soothing, an overall pleasant traditional scent for unwinding and reducing stress. Lavender is an herb with a long history of use in medicinal healing for depression and nervous conditions. It may be used as an after bath splash or through out the day when feeling tired to refresh yourself.
- Relaxes the mind and tense muscles.
- Calms emotional stress and promotes restful sleep.
- Refreshes and uplifts one's mood and relieves anger and anxiety.
- Traditionally used in relieving migraines, headaches, depression, anxiety, mood swings, fear and exhaustion.
- Hold the spray bottle 6 inches from your face or body and spray liberally in a continuous sweeping manner.
- In-hale deeply and hold your breath for 5-10 seconds to absorb the scent and receive the relaxing effects.
Herbal Massage Oil (100ml)
An all natural oil that is infused with tropical herbs that re-starts a mother internal circulation.
- Stimulates blood circulation and metabolism.
- Helps remove toxins from the body.
- Maintains smooth and supple skin tone.
- Promotes overall release of water retention and flatulence.
- Nourishes and revitalizes the skin and major organs by stimulating blood flow.
- Assists the lymphatic system for the elimination of wastes throughout the body.
- Use from day 5, everyday.
- Pour onto palms and rub palms together to warm oil which activates the herbal ingredients and apply all over.
- Rub on neck and temples for relief of stress and headaches.
Feminine Herbal Wash (10gm x 14 sachets)
A mixture of aromatic herbs, rich in essential oils used for healing stitches and keeping the genital area clean, deodorized and cool. The sooner you start using this product the better, even if you have had a caesarean birth.
- Use for both vaginal and caesarean birth deliveries.
- Vaginal delivery: helps stitches heal faster.
- Caesarean delivery: anti-bacterial, aids in cleansing the genitals due to bleeding after child birth.
- Rich in essential oils that provides instant relief to vaginal discomfort caused by stitches.
- Anti-inflammatory properties help reduce swelling and accelerate healing of the genital area.
- Contracts genital tissues and deodorizes the genital area.
- Promotes tightening of the vaginal muscles.
- Use from the day you give birth, Day 1, at least 2x per day. Each sachet can be used twice.
- Soak 1 sachet in 500ml/16oz of hot water for 10 minutes, OR for a stronger solution boil 1 sachet in 1 litre/ 1 quart of water for 15 minutes.
- Let solution cool to a warm temperature.
- Wash genital area gently with sponger or cloth OR
- Pour extract into a large bowl and place inside the rim of the toilet bowl and immerse your genital area for at least 10 minutes.
- Pat dry but do not wash off herbal solution so herbs get fully absorbed by the genital skin.
- Put the remainder of solution in a spray bottle and spray genital area each time you use the toilet.
Herbal Bath (10gm x 14 sachets)
A traditional blend of highly aromatic herbs that refreshes, re-energizes and deodorizes the body as well as helps soothe tired muscles and relieves minor skin problem.
- Rich in essential oils that refreshes and relaxes the body.
- Soothes tired and aching muscles.
- Deodorizes the body.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Used from Day 5 for 14 days.
- Boil 1 sachet in 2 liters/ 2 quarts of water for 20 minutes.
- Add extract to warm water in bathtub & soak OR used as a sponge bath.
- If using as a sponge bath start with your feet and work your way up to your upper body.
- Each sachet can be boiled twice.
- Dispose of solution after use.
Firming Herbal Blend Paste (15gm x 14 sachet)
A traditional paste made of a blend of herbs used to helps strengthen and firm stomach muscles from the inside out. Use with postpartum abdominal wrap for more effective results.
- Strengthens and firms stomach muscles.
- Stimulates loss of water retention.
- Tones loose abdominal skin.
- Stimulates blood flow to the abdominal area.
- Reduces blemishes and dark spots that may appear on the abdomen.
- Use from day 5 daily with binder for 14 days.
- Add 1 sachet of powder to 4 tablespoons of hot water and mix into a paste.
- Spread paste evenly onto your stomach area.
- Cover with a thin cloth before using abdominal wrap. Bind for at least half a day.
- Use this product preferably after bath and massage.
- Wash paste off after removing binder.
Herbal Tea (2gm x 14 sachets)
A warming tea that helps a mother with her recovery from childbirth by stimulating internal circulation and expulsion of blood clots.
- Promotes discharge of blood clots from uterus during the bleeding period after child birth.
- Reduces inflammation of uterus and genital area.
- Warms the body and improves blood circulation.
- Relieves constipation.
- Brew 1 sachet in 1 cup of hot water for 5 minutes and drink while tea is warm.
- Mix with 1 teaspoon of honey for taste if desires.
- Starting from Day 5, drink twice a day with meals for 7 days, preferably with breakfast and dinner.
Calming Herbal Blend Paste (3gm x 4 sachets)
A traditionally blended paste that refreshes tired eyes and mind due to lack of sleep or stress.
- Reduces feelings of tired or sleepu.
- Induces a balanced state of mind, gives clarity, and a sense of peace.
- To prevent/relieve headaches and heaviness around the eyes dye to lack of sleep.
- Refreshes the mind.
- Use from Day 5, twice per week.
- Add 1 teaspoon of hot water to 1 packet of powder and mix into a thick paste.
- Lie down in a quiet room and apply to forehead, exfoliate this area before hand for better results.
- Relax and leave on for 60 minutes then wash off.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
Boreh Body Scrub (20gm x 4 sachets)
A combination of herbs with warming properties whose main function is to have a warming effect on the skin and muscles to energize and rejuvenate a tired mother's body.
- Reduces water retention.
- Energizes and rejuvenates tired muscles.
- Reduces dark spots around the abdominal and underarm areas.
- Stimulates circulation.
- Use from Day 5, twice per week. Mix 1 sachet with 3 tablespoons hot/warm water until you get a thick paste.
- Apply paste all over your body.
- Wait for the paste to half dry (still moist) and scrub skin with your hand, in a gentle circulation motion.
- Rinse of excess scrub and shower as normal.
Postpartum Abdominal Wrap/Bengkung.
Postpartum Wrap is based on a traditional design that gives 360 degrees support to a mother's postnatal body. The material is unbleached cotton which is soft yet durable for hours of comfort. The wrap is easy to put on and most comfortable when worn under loose clothes. A postpartum wrap is an important recovery devise used in many cultures for a faster recovery from childbirth. It's included for FREE with every set.
Wear binder from Day 5 for 40days a minimum of 12 hours per day for best results. If you could wear 24 hours maximum results will be seen. Most women find it convenient to wear over night when sleeping.
Apply Firming Herbal Blend on stomach area first.
- Provides full support from below the breasts down to the hip and buttocks to aid the release of water retention.
- Designed to provide firm control of flabby, sagging abdominal skin.
- For the recovery and firming or the abdominal muscles and tissues.
- For the toning of stretched skin in the torso region.
- Encouragement of the cervix to shrink and recover it's pre-pregnancy size.
- Supports back posture while breast feeding, so slouching doesn't occur.
Chart on when to use the products in the Tanamera Set from Day 1 onwards. If you click on the picture you will notice that most of the products only start from Day 5 onwards, only the feminine herbal wash starts from the 1st day.
So that's all for now, i hope this post gives a more insight on the products that are in this Tanamera Postnatal Care set. The set cost at RM 360 (inc postage) and if any of you are interested in purchasing this set you may do so by going to FB and find for Tanamera Sri Ati, or you could just go to the link below:-
*P.S: This is not a paid review, this set was purchased with my own money and the purpose of this post is just for sharing. After all sharing is caring... ^_^