So after the dinner last Saturday, i manage to pass my attempted Chocolate pudding to my family and at the same time manage to get a copy of Popo's old recipe book which is more of a newer version since my Kuku aka Aunty, compiled and photocopy it.
Wat happen was, i brought the book back home and tried baking the Orange Cake last Monday and it turn out pretty well just that the bottom was pretty burn, due to the fact that the oven was still new, and mama and i wasn't sure whether we should really follow the book directly. We did, and that was the result.
Anyway, i tried it again today... and it turn out really well *clap for self*... hehehe... this time manage to take a picture of it.. I know it looks small that's b'coz i cut some for the family and some for Rafiq & his wife (Hubby's business Partner).
By the way, just in case some of you would like to try out the recipe.. this is how it is:-
(1) 4 ozs./125gm butter
(2) 4 ozs./125gm sugar
(3) 3 eggs.
(4) Grated rind of 1/2 orange (the orange skin)
(5) 6 ozs./168gm of Self Raising Flour or Ordinary Flour Sifted with 1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder,
(6) Juice of 1/2 orange
(1) Cream Butter and Sugar.
(2) Add egg yolks, one at a time, and beat well. Add grated rind.
(3) Add egg whites which have been beaten to a stiff froth. (make sure the bowl is free of oil)
(4) Add flour, folding it in, and when smooth,
(5) Add orange juice.
(6)Pour batter into two sandwhich tins, which have been greased and lined (but i just put it into one tin)
(7) Baked for about 1/2 hour in moderate oven (based on recipe book moderate means 175 degrees) - (but for me was just 140 degrees, b'coz my oven had the iron rod, both up and down).
(8) When done, remove cake from oven and cool on cake rack.
For Topping (as suggested by the recipe book)
Butter Icing and sprinkle over it coloured sugar drops, choped walnuts or grated chocolate.
So do give it a try... never know there's an aspiring Chef some where within u... ^_^