So my colleagues and i decided to carpool, and meet up at the office itself. Teoh drove so my manager, Suzanne and myseld tumpang aka carpool his car, i brought my trusty new camera, to get some snap shots and all... but sad to say i think i was a lil intimidated that there were other 'official' photographers for the wedding.
Before the wedding started, i decided to try my skills on my colleagues... as you can see below... hahaha.. i also took some shots in the hall where the wedding is to be held.
Hendrick trying to be cheeky
The backdrop was done by Yvonne's sister, coz she took up interior designing... so cute right..
Ok, so lets get back to the real story, the bride at last arrive in the arms of her father, they walk down the isle... and she looks so beautiful, not the usual Yvonne that i know of. Than past her hand to Joseph, and they took their sit. Than the commentators did a short bible reading from Corrinthians chapter 16, i think, where God talks about men and women becoming one. Ok before that i have to say that the whole event was in Mandarin, but thank God, there are certain parts, where there was a translator.
So than it was time for the pastor to give his speech, first he start praising them, than he ask both of them individually, what made them attracted to one another, than it came to the part, where he gave each othem 5 tips on how to be a good wife and husband... this was actually the best part... coz the pastor called the rib as 'bak kut teh'. He was actually mentioning about a phrase in Genesis, whereby a women is made out of the rib of the man. So what happen was the pastor said " You know like Bak Kut Teh"... so that was kinda funny.
5 tips for Joseph aka Yvonne's Husband/ Applies for All Men.
1. Is to love your wife always. Tell her you love her, hold her hands and give her hug whenever possible, coz women like men to tell them that they are loved. Plus your taking anothers mans daughter in Marriage, so in this case you should shower her with more love than her parents ever loved.
2. Is to protect her, if there is anybody who come to 'buli' her, you need to protect her.
3. Support her in everything she does, if she likes shopping follow her, if she likes baking, bake with her. Than the pastor gave an e.g "You see i'm a very active person, but when it comes to my wife shopping, i always feel tired and lazy." So support her.
Can't remember the other two actually, anyway's it's a good 5 tips. Than came Yvonne's turn,
5 tips for Yvonne/ Applies for All Women.
1. To love you husband and give him all. Tell him you always care for him and love him. Tell him " Lei how man, ah" translation "Your so Manly".... (mel: hahahaha).
2. Always boost his ego by complimenting him. Eventhough the thing could be something small. Man likes to be praise.
3. Always tell him how you feel, coz we men can never read a women's mind. Women like to expect the man to know how they feel, but the thing is we (men) don't know. So please talk to him.
4. To support him in everything he does, God chose him to serve the church and the people. So you need to be patient and understanding.
I can't actually remember the 5th tip that he gave... but it was really interesthing that the pastor actually gave such an advice. Anyway what move me the most is the last 4 tips that he gave to every couple that was there, but especially Yvonne and her new hubby Joseph. This are the 4 tips that he mention:-
1. To always give in by saying sorry to one another.
2. To submit to yourself for the things that has happen and say that "It's not only you who made the mistake, it's also my fault".
3. ?????? (forgot adi).
4. To always say "I Love You" to one another.
So that was one of the most meaning ful part of the whole wedding. The other meaningful part, was when it was time for the newly wed to give their respective speech. Yvonne's husband was already in tears, when he thank everyone, didn't quite understand coz it was all in Mandarin, but i understand that he was thanking everyone for helping him to organize his wedding, thank Yvonne's sister for the wonderful backdrop (by the way she majored in Interior Design).
Than it came to Yvonne's turn, she said "At last I'm Married" ... hahaha we all laughed, coz it was so funny for her to say that. She thank her parents, her grandma, her family, and she said especially her colleagues, than she was asking where were we.. and we all raise our hands and said "Here, here" so she said thanks for coming.
Than later there were the signing of the matrimonial papers, performance from the kids in her church. Than the blessings, after that it was the end. Than the couple waited at the entrance, shake everyone's hands.. gave her hug and said congratulations.. than we all went to the makan place. Half way makan, they said ok let's take a group picture, so we all went leaving our food for a while. It just looks so wrong... ^_^ So yeah that's the end of this happy wedding i attended too...